Welcome to Pest Control Services of Baton Rouge
Pest Control Services of Baton Rouge has protected countless Baton Rouge area homes from infestations and pest problems. Locally owned and operated, we bring over 30 years of combined experience to combatting pest control and bed bug problems as well as a quality reputation.
Unlike many Baton Rouge pest control companies and providers, we steer clear of the one-size-fits-all programs and solutions. We evaluate your insect problem, provide a thorough inspection and implement a program suited to your individual needs. We always provide services that ensure the very best results and incorporate integrated pest management into each of our programs.
Pest Control Signs Baton Rouge Homeowners Should Watch
- Dead termites or wings around windows, doors, heating vents, or in bathtubs and sinks.
- Termite mud tubes on walls located outside or inside the structure. The tubes are either round or flat and usually measure at least 1/4 inch or wider. They look like their name ? a tube of mud.
- Damaged wood – Termites eat from the inside of the wood outward, so damaged wood is sometimes very difficult to detect. “Hollow” sounding wood should be inspected for termite damage.
- Live termites. Termites are sometimes found while doing home repairs or fixups. Worker termites are small, whitish creatures that will quickly move away when exposed to light.
- If property owners discover any of these signs, they should contact Pest Control Services of Baton Rouge and ask for a termite inspection to determine the extent of the problem.
Pest Control 101: Termites or Ants?
For clues to help differentiate ants from termites, examine the insects’ wings, waist and antennae. While both insects have two pairs of wings, termite wings are relatively equal in size. Ant wings tend to be longer in front and shorter in back. Ants also have a narrow, pinched waist. Termites’ waists are thicker and less distinct. In addition, ants’ antennae are elbowed, while termites’ are straight. Hopefully this has been helpful, we will soon be adding more helpful tips for pest control.